About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Michigan
I am a second grade teacher in Caledonia, Michigan. I taught kindergarten for 5 years and then discovered the joy of second grade! This is my second year teaching 2nd grade. I have been happily married to my college sweetheart for 6 years! We have an inquisitive, loving 2 year old daughter and an adorable miniature Australian Shepherd. Life gets sweeter by the moment!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oh, Beautiful for Spacious Skies...

Pin It

My second grade sweeties will be diving into the wonderful world of LANDFORMS this week!  After much searching and scouring of the internet, I was quite disappointed in the materials I found for this science unit.  I am tying the study of landforms in with our informational writing unit.  I created a few powerpoint presentations introducing mountains, plains, and valleys.  Next week I will add plateaus, oceans, lakes, and rivers.  In addition to the power point presentations, I created a Learning Log for each landform which corresponds with the information presented in the powerpoint.  My students will complete the Learning Log for each landform as we view the powerpoint.  At the end of the unit, each student will choose one landform to present on.  I am still working out the details of the final project...I'll keep you posted!

Landform Powerpoint Presentations... (hills, plateaus, oceans, lakes, and rivers are COMING SOON!)

Landform Introduction
Mountains
Plains
Valleys

Landform Learning Logs...

Landform Learning Log Cover Page
Mountains
Plains
Valleys



No comments:

Post a Comment