About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Michigan
I am a second grade teacher in Caledonia, Michigan. I taught kindergarten for 5 years and then discovered the joy of second grade! This is my second year teaching 2nd grade. I have been happily married to my college sweetheart for 6 years! We have an inquisitive, loving 2 year old daughter and an adorable miniature Australian Shepherd. Life gets sweeter by the moment!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Readers Use Many Strategies So They Don't Sound Like Robots!

Happy Sunday!  Most of my report cards are complete and I have scheduled a personal day for tomorrow.  Not a bad way to start a busy week of report cards and conferences!

Last week I created bookmarks for my students to use at home and school reminding them of the ways they can work on their fluency.   After listening to several of my sweeties read aloud last week, I decided to make a poster to hang in the popular curl up and read areas of my room to gently remind them of the qualities of a great reader!  See an earlier entry from last week for the bookmark.

Have a wonderful week!

Click {HERE} to download the fluency poster!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment