About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Michigan
I am a second grade teacher in Caledonia, Michigan. I taught kindergarten for 5 years and then discovered the joy of second grade! This is my second year teaching 2nd grade. I have been happily married to my college sweetheart for 6 years! We have an inquisitive, loving 2 year old daughter and an adorable miniature Australian Shepherd. Life gets sweeter by the moment!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Secrets of Second Graders!


I discovered a hidden gem of a lesson in Regie Routman's Writing Essentials titled "The Secrets of Second Graders."  My students have been divulging the cutest little secrets of their 7 and 8 year old existences.  This unit explored the expansion of ideas through sharing of stories with other authors.  Here is the assessment I plan to use at the end of the unit.  Each student will review one classmate's writing using this tool.

Enjoy!


Click {HERE} to get the assessment tool!



For The Secrets of Second Graders unit my students will use these graphics to decorate their Top Secret File.

Send me a message if you would like the title to say a different grade level.  I'd be happy to send you an updated file!
Click {HERE} to download!







1 comment:

  1. I saw your Top Secret folders in your classroom the other day. I was so tempted to look!! What a great idea to get kids excited about writing. Nice work Mrs. Meurlin!

    ReplyDelete