About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Michigan
I am a second grade teacher in Caledonia, Michigan. I taught kindergarten for 5 years and then discovered the joy of second grade! This is my second year teaching 2nd grade. I have been happily married to my college sweetheart for 6 years! We have an inquisitive, loving 2 year old daughter and an adorable miniature Australian Shepherd. Life gets sweeter by the moment!

Monday, February 27, 2012

A Fluency Reading Log

Pin It


I took a much needed personal day today.  The hubby and I went to a movie (Reese Witherspoon's new movie:  This Means War)  It was very funny!  I highly recommend it for a date night;)    Now, tomorrow will be Tuesday.  A very BUSY yet much shorter week is ahead.  Today was full of fun...

But...I did do a little work today...

Once I get an idea, I just have to start working on it right away!  Conferences are approaching and my kiddos need a little extra help remembering to read each night.  Since they're all working on their "storyteller voice" I thought I'd create a reading log reflecting that focus.  My goal is to send it home every Monday. During the week students can record the number of minutes read and choose a specific fluency goal.  Reading logs are to be returned the following Monday for a new one.  If anything, perhaps this will help guide their reading time in the evenings!


Click {HERE} to get the reading log.

The Fluency Reading Log is formatted for 2 weeks.  I plan to cut the sheet in half for a 1 week version:)






No comments:

Post a Comment